This is how Austin opened the story he was telling me this morning:
"Pretend I'm me."
A few other recent Austin moments:
In church last week, Austin said he really had to use the bathroom. "Don't worry, Mom, I can go by myself," he said. You'd think after 4 1/2 yrs with the kid, that would be my first clue that something was up. But, being the somewhat naive mom that I am, and not wanting to leave during the great talk that was being given; I let him go, thinking to myself, "Wow, it's so nice that he's getting older."
About 10 minutes later was the first time I realized he had not returned from his trip to the bathroom (it was a really good meeting). I left the chapel and found him holding the door open for everyone who came in or went out (seems innocent enough, right?). So I said, "Austin, let's go back into the chapel." He thought about it for a minute, then responded sweetly, "Mom, I know this is a sad choice, but I just want to make the wrong choice this time."
I told Austin that he needed to eat lunch before having the treat he had in his hand. A minute later, I saw him walk to Michael's office, plop down on the couch, and say "Wow, Dad. That Mama is one tough cookie," while shaking his head in a much-too-grown up way.
A few other recent Austin moments:
In church last week, Austin said he really had to use the bathroom. "Don't worry, Mom, I can go by myself," he said. You'd think after 4 1/2 yrs with the kid, that would be my first clue that something was up. But, being the somewhat naive mom that I am, and not wanting to leave during the great talk that was being given; I let him go, thinking to myself, "Wow, it's so nice that he's getting older."
About 10 minutes later was the first time I realized he had not returned from his trip to the bathroom (it was a really good meeting). I left the chapel and found him holding the door open for everyone who came in or went out (seems innocent enough, right?). So I said, "Austin, let's go back into the chapel." He thought about it for a minute, then responded sweetly, "Mom, I know this is a sad choice, but I just want to make the wrong choice this time."
I told Austin that he needed to eat lunch before having the treat he had in his hand. A minute later, I saw him walk to Michael's office, plop down on the couch, and say "Wow, Dad. That Mama is one tough cookie," while shaking his head in a much-too-grown up way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to funny!!! I love it!!
Unknown said...
March 10, 2010 at 6:33 PM
Ok, he is officially a riot. We love that Austin boy! Katie's hair really is the darling-est! Especially love the French baraids. Let's play soon.
WhitParks said...
March 10, 2010 at 7:42 PM
Austin sounds awesome! He's a cutie-pie with a tough cookie for a mama! love it.
xoxo
Jan said...
March 10, 2010 at 8:56 PM
OH MY GOSH!!! Those are Hilarious!!! I especially love "the wrong choice" story. Hahaha. Thanks for the laugh.
Lisa said...
March 10, 2010 at 8:57 PM
He's such a cutie! Love it!
Jewelcat said...
March 11, 2010 at 10:19 AM
seriously i am gonna sqeeeeeeeeez this kid when I see him next... what a little darling... love it!
Coslett's said...
March 11, 2010 at 6:12 PM
I wish we were still there, I can no longer blame Austin's influence for everything Jack does.
kbeauchamp said...
April 5, 2010 at 1:24 PM