Oh, how I wish he hadn't brought on 6 more weeks of winter! It is way too cold here. The news the other day said that our average temperature this time of year is 60*. Seriously, where is that weather at if it's not here? I am so ready for warmth, aren't you?

Her hair is long enough that I can actually do 2 side french braids! Y'all know how exciting this is for me :)


Otherwise, life has been pleasantly slow the last week, giving me lots of time to play and lounge with the kiddos. Michael was just accepted into the Community Counseling program at TWU with glowing reviews from his professors, so that's wonderful news!
Katie's hair is now down to her shoulders, and you know I'm takin' advantage of it! I have so much fun doing her hair each day; and she's so good about just keeping herself busy while I do it. I figure I'll ride this train as far as it takes me. Here are some pics of the fun I've been having...
And this is what we do to keep her entertained during the process (I promise I'm not torturing her; it really only takes a few minutes). We name all her body parts and she shows them to me (here she's showing her teeth), then we sing songs and let her dump her bag of hair ties.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How fun! You should check out this site- http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/
she has some super cute ideas!!
Samye said...
February 26, 2010 at 10:59 PM
I know! I'm so ready for the cold to be over! I want spring to come soon. But at least it's sunny now. Her hair is so cute! I love the curls.
Kathryn Cooper said...
February 27, 2010 at 8:28 AM
Her hair is so long! Haley still only has enough hair to do the little waterfall on top! But I suppose it's a good thing since I already have three other heads of hair to do everyday.
Jill said...
February 27, 2010 at 9:50 AM
Heheheeee, Isn't having a girl so dang fun?!!!! I love doing my girls hair too! All the pics of Katie are so darn adorable! And YES, I'm ready for warmer weather too! And relaxing at the Martino Pool with yall......good times, lol! :) Wink!
Jewelcat said...
February 28, 2010 at 8:04 AM
Samye- I have that link on my blog. Her site is sooo cute. Is Miles feeling better now?
Kristie said...
February 28, 2010 at 7:22 PM
Kristie it is fun to have a little girl to do their hair. You have the right idea of taking advantage now because they grow up so fast and then don't want you to do their hair. Every once in a while Aubrey will let me do her hair or help her with her hair.
jennifer said...
March 1, 2010 at 12:35 PM
Oh, what a cutie! She is so adorable!
Carma said...
March 1, 2010 at 2:26 PM
man I wish I could sqeeze her!!!! I miss you guys so much. She's too cute.
kbeauchamp said...
March 4, 2010 at 5:28 PM