Updates

I love this time of year in Texas. We do as much as we can outside and it seems that everything is a bit more peaceful. Here's Katie (7 months) in all her chubby glory in our yard. I think she has 5 rolls down her arms! I love that the weather is finally warm enough for her to wear clothes that show all her squishy rolls. She has such a happy, sweet and playful personality.

Here's another pic of her with Mike- she's becoming such a Daddy's girl and it's so adorable. I should also note that there are moments when the girl doesn't have a huge bow in her hair and this picture is the proof. She figured out how to pull the headband off and eat and tear up her bows. But luckily she now has just enough hair for the bows to clip onto, so "The Bows are Back!"

About a month ago, we went to Beaver's Bend, OK, and spent the weekend with some cousins in their beautiful cabin. It was so relaxing and gorgeous up there. We all loved it!





















All I can say about these next pics is Thank Goodness For Great Friends!!! My sister Kim and I taught a class recently about saving $ around the house, and I held an experimental group date to see if we really could have fun without spending much. First, we stuffed ourselves with pillows and played soccer. We could barely see the soccer ball, so even the more experienced players were a hot mess.













Michael and Kristie










The Whole Group

Erin and Joseph













Mary and Aaron














Erin was the MVP, so she won a hula outfit from the Dollar store (which she proudly wore all evening). Then we played some other games inside, and finished up with an ice cream sculpting contest. Maribel and Eric were the winners of that.

Each couple spent about $2.50 and we all had a great time (and now we all have a little more black mail material on each other). I am so grateful for friends who aren't afraid to get a little crazy and who are always loving and supportive.

3 comments:

Such cute pics, looks like yall had a blast.....now I'm a little bummed that we couldn't come that night. Love all the pics, too cute!

May 5, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

It's great to see that much enthusiasm in one home! You guys are loads of laughs...rodents and all! Hope we can come visit soon!

May 6, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

Looks like you guys had a good time. We're going camping this weekend with family, so hopefully we'll have some fun pics to post too. :)

May 7, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home